Friday, April 20, 2007

Open windows

I can feel the house sighing contentedly because I've opened some of the windows in the expectation that the temperatures will near 70 today.


Magellan, showing her true Puerto Rican colors, is sun bathing in the largest patch of bright yellow sunlight streaming through an eastern window.

Darwin is marauding, looking for a way to get into trouble. He already got a reprimand from Rusty, who gets more gray around the muzzle and more ornery by the day. Rusty also is sun worshiping downstairs.

Geni is already taking a nap in the mud room after our walk this morning.

The windows are open, the sun is mounting and taking the chill off the air of this most-March-like of Aprils, and the birds are making sure I and everyone else knows the spring must come, come what may.

2 comments:

Dr. S said...

Magellan! and Darwin!

Even though I couldn't pet them even if I were there, I greet your cats.

Boricua en la Luna said...

They greet you back! Especially Darwin, who doesn't understand why he can't be your lap kitty. :)