Sunday, March 15, 2009

The first ride

Today was warm (in the upper 50s) and sunny so, after I began the process of organizing myself for the second half of the semester, which kicks off tomorrow, my husband and I decided to aprovechar the relatively good weather. So we dusted off our motorcycle gear, and inaugurated the year with our first ride together.

Although it was a bit cooler than I like it when the bike rushes into the wind at 60-plus mph, my husband led us purposefully to the lake country in our county, which I didn't even know existed, and which isn't that far from my small college on the hill.

While the colors are still too muted to speak of spring, we did find a pair of swans in a pond that preened happily for us, and a red barn against a blue sky, which always speaks of Ohio.


When we got home, Magellan was right where we'd left her, curling up on the Turbo Ball toy that is Darwin's, but which she has now laid claim to, it appears.

No comments: