Sunday, September 30, 2012

Farewell, September!


Though fall didn't officially begin until shortly before 11 a.m. on the 22nd, it actually arrived weeks ago, gifting us with a glorious September of cool temperatures and sunny days. Like most Sundays, I had to spend today prepping for my three-hour seminar tomorrow but my husband went off on his motorcycle, armed with his good camera, in search of fall pictures for blogging, and of apples.



He brought back a trove of wonderful apples from our favorite orchard, and there's already an apple pie, made from scratch, in the oven, which will be his reward.


Apparently, the drought conditions that we had in July and August, which were followed by the generous rains this month, were good for the apple crops in Ohio so there's apples galore and they are wonderfully tasty.

I was sorry that I couldn't take a motorcycle ride with my husband today but I'm glad I finished all the reading I had to do for my honors seminar so that my lesson plan will be ready tonight, and I can devote the morning to grade. For the first time since the semester began my office hours are not full tomorrow, so perhaps I will get some quiet time to do work in the office.

This will be another busy week with a Hispanic Heritage Month event on Thursday (I won't be sad to see the celebrations come to a close a week from tomorrow), but we have October Break next week so at least there will be some down time from school work, which I plan to devote to the book.

In the meantime, farewell September, and thanks for having been a lovely month. May October, my favorite month of the year, outdo you both in beauty and in mildness. 

No comments: