Wednesday, May 29, 2013

By any other name


This afternoon, making good on a promise I made myself a few months ago to make the most of my time this summer, I took a stroll around the Park of Roses. Many years ago, my mother-in-law introduced me to this place when we first visited her here, having no idea this would eventually become our home. Thanks to her, I learned to appreciate this jewel that shines at its best in early summer.

I thought the roses would be already at their peak today, since the ones in my garden are already starting to drop their petals, but it turns out that the majority of the roses here will be exploding in about a week. That means I'll have to make sure to return in mid-June to feast on this highlight of life in Columbus. This is one more reason why I simply love living in this city.





















No comments: