Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Year's end


December was a mild month, when we were able to take outside walks, both near my small college on the hill to visit the bench we dedicated to my papi's memory, and in our favorite pond park.


Christmas came and went, rather quickly, and this year I resolved to be more organized than in times past when I put away our decorations, some of which are decades old.


After Christmas, we drove to Memphis to be with my family and enjoyed a wonderful fried chicken dinner at Gus' Fried Chicken, which is one of our very favorite places to visit. Papi used to love it so we always make a point to go all together.


My sister, who always gives me the greatest gifts, gave me a set of PJs and a cake slicer in animal print. Very chic!


My dear neighbor, meanwhile, gave me these. They're quite whimsical and I actually wore them to school.


All in all, 2014 was a mixed year. It started scary and hard with so many troubling health issues, but it ended well. And all is well that ends well, I agree.

No comments: