Thursday, October 23, 2008

Geni: Before & After

There's last weekend's trip to Albuquerque, NM, to tell you about (with photos), and many other things to say here, but right now I only have the time to show you Geni, before and after.

As you know, Geni is now a diabetic who needs insulin shots twice a day. Thus, I conceived the idea that it would be much easier to give her the shots if she was groomed and didn't have so much curly, impossibly kinky hair to deal with in the process.

So this morning, bright and early, I drove her to the vet (her least favorite place!) and she was groomed for the very first time in her life. I told the groomer to be kind, because she wasn't used to it, but when I picked her up the groomer gushed about her:

"You couldn't tell it was her first time. She was so nice about it!"

That's Geni for you. As my new vet said, she's the Ying to Rusty's Yang (or is it the other way around?).

At any rate, today Geni went from 15 years of looking like this:

To her new (but we're not sure if improved) self:

I didn't recognize her when I went to pick her up! But, as you can tell from her expression, she's still the same goofy, happy old mutt. But it's gonna take some getting used to seeing her without her trademark hair!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks very svelte and comfy on her bed.

By the way, is that a posture-pedic animal bed? I always wanted to get our pooch one but met with spousal resistance which I thought was cruel.

Boricua en la Luna said...

Thanks! She'll really appreciate the comment about looking svelte. :) The bed was a present from friends who had a few extra fantastic dog beds because they only have one dog now. And Geni loves it, as you can tell.