Friday, November 27, 2009

Who knew?

Today we went to my husband's best friend's house for a second Thanksgiving feast that couldn't be beat (we went to another friend's house on Thursday). We've been to my husband's friend's place several times but I never knew the fascinating history of what is now an upscale suburban community.

That was until we drove by Africa Road and I said something like "That's unusual...," thinking of the predominantly white and obviously well-to-do community around us. That's when my husband drove us to this sign, that he'd espied here during one of his visits to his friend.

Someday, I'll write a novel about this buried history, I thought.

1 comment:

BadassMama said...

Thanks for sharing this fascinating bit of local history. I'll look forward to that novel...