Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy birthday blog! And Lizzy and Hamlet!

Last Wednesday, when I got home, my husband surprised me with a homemade chocolate cake with vanilla icing to celebrate that Lizzy and Hamlet had turned two. Back when we lived in Puerto Rico, many years ago, my husband used to surprise me with cakes to celebrate the birthday of our old cat, Nube, who died at age 19 (so there were many cakes throughout her life!).

What I totally missed was that this blog turned three years old on January 21st. Inspired by Dr. S, whose long-standing blog has shifted into a literary and photographic event in its own league, my blog has slowly become more a place to showcase cute pictures of my furry children and of the more mundane happenings of our life in Ohio. It also has helped inspire others, like my mom and my brother, to create blogs of their own.

Happy birthday blog! And happy birthday Lizzy and Hamlet! (BTW, the cake was really good!)

No comments: