Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Days of dogs and flowers

Last night, I finally finished with the last of the final papers and posted grades for the last class that was pending so I'm officially done with the Semester from Hell.

Although I'm still smarting from the semester's low points,I am fully loving the feeling of being done with the college work and able to devote myself to my scholarship and to enjoying my free time.

As I have pledged to myself, I will spend more time looking for and at the beauties of late spring and early summer, and my husband, ever willing to oblige, has captured some of the most beautiful of the May flowers around our house.




I'm also taking hints from Lizzy, whose devotion to fun, especially when her best friend, Pepper, comes to visit, is worthy of emulation. As my husband said, while the dog days aren't here yet, they are soon to come. And it was a dog day here, indeed, today, when Lizzy and Pepper were left with tongues hanging after a day of chasing each other around the yard in 85 degrees.



Once Pepper was gone, Lizzy was pooped but I know that, in a similar manner to myself, she'll be ready for another go around tomorrow. After all, tomorrow is, always, another day.

No comments: