Saturday, August 2, 2014

Fun time at the State Fair


The Ohio State Fair is a must-do for me every year. This time around, I dragged my husband, who had never been at this particular fair before, and who went only to please me. Yes, he's that kind of a good guy. It's no wonder we've been married 20+ years. As we entered, this huge, organ-looking thing very appropriately welcomed us with fair music.



I'm like a kid in a candy store when I'm at the fair (I guess I regress to my childhood), so I insisted that we visit the Budweiser tent to see the gorgeous Clydesdales and their dog. This Budweiser Superbowl commercial from 2012 always make me cry tears of joy at the end...


From then it was on to the railway exhibit, to see some of the livestock, including the judging of prize-winning steers, and the famous butter cow, my favorite.










A rainstorm prevented us from staying at the fair too long but I was quite content. Now I can look forward to next year and, hopefully for my husband, I'll find someone else to go with next time. :)

No comments: