Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Home, sweet home


Back home after my short Puerto Rican adventure, I'm counting down the days until school begins again (August 28) and enjoying these unscripted days of summer. Starting a week day (not just a Sunday) with my husband's buttermilk biscuits, accompanied by the Tupelo honey that a friend suggested I try in Savannah and which is now my favorite, has been a summer perk for me.

Crazy Hamlet, looking like he's "playing possum" and Chiquita, following me to the basement when I do laundry and waiting, patiently, for me to return upstairs, have been some of the highlights of these fast-ending August days.



It was dark today by 9 p.m., when we walked Lizzy, and it was sad to realize that the days are already getting shorter. Nothing good lasts forever, it's true. But while memory can do its job, there is an eternity in remembrance.

No comments: