Monday, September 6, 2010

Sun and moon

On a recent evening, my husband suggested that we take a motorcycle ride to visit a nearby dam, where we had been before. I wasn't too happy with the idea, thinking it wouldn't be particularly fun since it wasn't a particularly special place. But, oh, how wrong I was.

When we arrived, the sun had begun its setting journey into the horizon and my husband was able to capture the picture above as a solitary fisherman came into the sun's path, shimmering on the golden water.

Rather poetically, and directly on the opposite side, the moon was already full and rising to claim domain over the darkening skies.

As we walked on the dam's edge, we came across an elderly couple, who told us that they often walk there because it's so beautiful. In their late 70s or early 80s, they were still holding hands and chatting with one another, making me wish that my husband and I will be like that, still friends and loving companions after so many, many years.

Sort of like the sun and the moon coinciding on a magical evening.

2 comments:

Ivonne Acosta Lespier said...

Este es como un post de regalo atrasado del aniversario que no pudieron celebrar por la muerte de tu padre. Yo creo que ustedes van a seguir siendo una pareja espectacular, compartiendo espacios mágicos como el de ese lugar pero como el sol y la luna, manteniendo y respetando el de cada cual.

Raquelita said...

This is a beautiful post! I hope my husband and I can be like that couple too!