Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Caribbean blues are anything but sad

Every time I come back to Puerto Rico I'm reminded that you can't know the sheer brilliance of the color blue until you've been to the Caribbean. Green is another color that is completely redefined by the tropics.

This is only our fourth day here but it feels like much longer because we've more or less settled into a nice routine. Each morning, we walk about two miles round trip to a nearby hotel for my Starbucks and a copy of the local newspaper. My husband runs on the beach three miles every other day and then walks with me and we've made the point of going up the stairs to our seventh-floor studio at least once a day. Thus, we're both getting quite a workout, which is good, given that Puerto Rican food isn't generally low fat.






The long walks and working in the comfy studio, right across from a large supermarket, have now become our routine and I'm making good progress on my list of projects that need to get done while we're here. The best part is that, at the end of several hours of non-stop work on the computer, we can both take a break, walk downstairs, and spend some time gazing at the most brilliant blues and greens imaginable.

Not a bad day's work. No, not at all.

No comments: