Sunday, July 13, 2008

Glorious July, Part II

On another glorious July afternoon, one that will go into the annals of my memory as among the most beautiful I've lived to witness, my husband and I got on the motorcycle again.

This time, we went off to the other park we hadn't yet had a chance to get to this year (the one I'd hoped we'd go to last week but it was not to be).

Once there, we did a little over 2 miles of their trails, delighting in the sun, the breeze, the calls of the birds, and the gorgeous displays that nature put on for us (well, not actually for us but we were glad to be allowed to partake of it).

A solitary bench with a view of the trail enticed us to stop and meditate on things important and unimportant. But we kept going.

In the distance, the city loomed, busy and hurried. On the ridge, it was just a mirage atop a hazy horizon.

1 comment:

Dr. S said...

Hey! It's the side of your sweetie's head! Or his helmet, anyway. :)