Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fun in the sun (finally!)

My husband and I arrived in Puerto Rico yesterday afternoon and after spending some time with my parents we all packed up the car and drove to our pied-a-terre while here, an apartment right in front of the beach in Isla Verde.

Before going to bed early last night, my husband and I looked out of the windows and saw this gorgeous moon, smiling back at us. My trusty digital camera isn't powerful enough to take a good picture, but I think it gives you the idea of how beautiful that brilliant moon was, like a glittering pin on the indigo sky.

This morning, these were the views that welcomed us from "our" apartment windows, views that are a balm to my tropical soul, which is in eternal yearning when in the wilds of Ohio.


On the right side of the building, there is a very old cemetery where relatives still care for their dead by keeping the tombs pristinely white and the urns filled with colorful flowers. I hope to have more pictures of the cemetery soon after my husband and I take a stroll through its avenues.

Early this morning, we went to the pool, where my husband cooled off from the wonderful heat, and did a little bit of swimming in lieu of running.

Meanwhile, this was my view, as I caught up with magazines I had pending and simply feasted my eyes and senses, while the sun sizzled on my (very well sun-screen protected) skin.

After walking out to the beach and meeting a darkly tanned, white-haired, American guy who was walking with his three dogs, two of them rescued satos, and all of which (unlike my erstwhile satos) loved jumping in and out of the warm sea water (one of them was even lapping it!), we went back to the apartment to change so we could take a long walk to reconnoiter the area.

Happily, we found a Starbucks about a mile away and took a break from walking to have our coffee, before setting back to the apartment. Before coming to my parents', I took this picture of a large, rotating chair in the apartment, which is most felicitously located, and where I plan to spend not a few hours reading and drinking in the glorious, blue Atlantic, the ocean of my soul.

No comments: