Monday, July 6, 2009

On the road again

One of the fun things my husband and I did yesterday, on our 15th anniversary, was get on the motorcycle and take the road least traveled to see what there was to see.

At one point, we came upon this church next to a road that curved upward and my husband declared this a good road photo, so I took one of him coming down the hill toward me.

Later, we came upon what has to be one of the smallest post offices in the U.S., and I got off to take a picture while my husband (in the background) waited for me. He got me this cool helmet that has a movable face shield to make it easier to take pictures with the helmet on.

Tomorrow, we're on the road again, but this time back to Puerto Rico for a week to spend time with my parents, my siblings and my nieces and nephews.

When we return to Ohio, I hope all will be settled so we can get ready for the move to our new home (but more details on that will be forthcoming once the deal is finalized). Meanwhile, things here have been pleasantly summery.

My husband likes to do work outside on his laptop and Magellan insists on keeping him company. She will meow demandingly at the door and poise herself so she can be ready to bolt out of the screen door, if we're not paying attention.

I have started making my mental list of what I'll miss about this, our fourth home in eight years in Ohio, and one of those will be Mr. Crow, the one crow that hangs around our small apartment near the woods because he (at least I think it's male) has figured out that I put out wildlife feed in the mornings. He's taken to crowing loudly some mornings if I take too long to put the feed out! I've named him Poe.

This is the best photo we have of him so far, but I'm hoping we'll improve on it as soon as we can get one with my husband's camera. But every time Poe sees my husband, he flies away. I'm also going to miss the five or six radiantly yellow Gold finches that perch on my thistle seed feeder regularly. But my husband is sure we'll have plenty of birds in our new home. Still, I wish I could leave my birds from here a forwarding address to let them know I'm not going far...

For now, we're off to Puerto Rico tomorrow. We'll be staying in an apartment with a view to the beach so I look forward to posting pictures of that soon. Until then, may the road rise to meet all of us.

No comments: